#215, (29 August 1837-10 October 1887)
|Father||John Oaten (c 1801-11 Apr 1866)|
|Mother||Charlotte Amelia Pellett (c Oct 1803-12 Jul 1862)|
+ + + + + + + + + +
John Oaten was born on 29 August 1837 at St. Georges, London.1,2 He was the son of John Oaten and Charlotte Amelia Pellett. John Oaten was baptized at St. George's on Wednesday, 29 November 1837 at Hanover Square, London.2
He was recorded as living with his parents and younger brother Henry in the 1841 census at Curzon Street, Hanover Square, London. He was recorded as being 3 years old..3
He was recorded as living with his parents and siblings Amelia, Henry, Charles, Albert and Frederick in the 1851 census at 13 Jubilee Place, Chelsea, London. He was recorded as being 13 years old.1
John emmigrated from London on the the barque 'Luconia' with his parents and siblings.4,5 John arrived at Melbourne on 12 June 1854 with his parents and siblings.4,5
His mother died 12 July 1862 at the approximate age of 58. John was aged 24 when this happened.
John Oaten married Margaret Isabella Anderson on Monday, 1 August 1864 at New South Wales. They were 26 and 23 respectively.2
His father died 11 April 1866 at the approximate age of 65. John was aged 28 when this happened.
John died on 10 October 1887 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand, at age 50.6,2
Children of John Oaten and Margaret Isabella Anderson
|Last Edited||10 Jun 2014|
|Charts||Oaten Family - descendants|
- [S392] National Census for England, 1851 (online image) Class: HO107; Piece: 1473; Folio: 249; Page: 10; GSU roll: 87796.
- [S372] GEDCOM file created by Arthur Russ, 21 April 2011.
- [S397] National Census for England, 1841 (online image) Class: HO107; Piece: 734; Book: 8; Civil Parish: St George Hanover Square; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 16; Folio: 11; Page: 15; Line: 5; GSU roll: 438836.
- [S338] Website Ancestry.com.au (http://www.ancestry.com.au/) Victoria, Australia, Assisted and Unassisted Passenger Lists, 1839–1923 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc., 2009. (http://search.ancestry.com.au/cgi-bin/sse.dll).
- [S611] The Portland Guardian and Normanby General Advertiser, 1854 'PORT OF MELBOURNE.', Portland Guardian and Normanby General Advertiser (Vic. : 1842 - 1876), 19 June, p. 2 Edition: EVENING, viewed 9 April, 2013, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article71570395
- [S633] New Zealand Death Certificate, Central Registry 1887/5617.