#39, (circa 1907-1966)
|Mother||Frances Jordan1 (c 1874-1958)|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Harold was born circa 1907 at Newport.2 He was the son of Frances Jordan.1 His common name was Harry.
Harold John Neill was football player for the South Melbourne (2 games), Footscray (17 games) and St. Kilda teams (84 games and 58 goals over seven years) where he won the club best and fairest in 1931 in 1933.3,4
He married Violet Agnette Oaten, daughter of Albert Edward Oaten and Violet Barbara Cheyne, at St. John's Church of England on Saturday, 20 January 1940 at the Melbourne suburb of Camberwell. Witnesses to the wedding were Charles Henry Oaten and Margaret Alice Hume.5
Harold died in 1966 at Victoria.6,1 His body was interred at Williamstown cemetery on 22 November 1966 at Williamstown.7
|Last Edited||9 Jun 2014|
|Charts||Oaten Family - descendants|
- [S338] Website Ancestry.com.au (http://www.ancestry.com.au/) http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/31874343/person/…
- [S8] Victoria, Birth Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1907 #12970 (index only).
- [S415] Website Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Neill
- [S564] Website AFL Pages (http://stats.rleague.com/afl/afl_index.html) http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/H/…
- [S336] The Argus, 1940 ''Maids In Pink Marquisette.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1956), 22 January, p. 8, viewed 2 September, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article11269816
- [S265] Victoria, Death Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages, 1966 #26131 (index only).
- [S477] Website Australia Cemetery Index, 1808-2007 Ancestry.com, Name: Harold John Neill; Death Date: 1966; Burial Date: 22 Nov 1966; Cemetery: Williamstown; Cemetery Location: Williamstown, Victoria.