Harold John Neill
#39, (circa 1907-24 November 1966)
|Mother||Frances Jordan1 (c 1874-1958)|
|Charts||Oaten Family - descendants|
|Last Edited||27 May 2018|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Harold was born circa 1907 at the Melbourne suburb of Newport.2 He was the son of William Neill and Frances Jordan.1 His common name was Harry.
Harold John Neill was football player for the South Melbourne (2 games), Footscray (17 games) and St. Kilda teams (84 games and 58 goals over seven years) where he won the club best and fairest in 1931 in 1933.3,4
He married Violet Agnette Oaten, daughter of Albert Edward Oaten and Violet Barbara Cheyne, at St. John's Church of England on Saturday, 20 January 1940 at the Melbourne suburb of Camberwell. Witnesses to the wedding were Charles Henry Oaten, Margaret Alice Hume and Violet Barbara Cheyne.5
Harold died on 24 November 1966 at Victoria.6,7,1 His body was interred at Williamstown cemetery at the Melbourne suburb of Williamstown.8
- [S338] Ancestry.com.au Ancestry.com, (http://www.ancestry.com.au/) http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/31874343/person/…
- [S8] Victoria, Birth Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1907 #12970 (index only).
- [S415] Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Neill
- [S564] AFL Pages (http://stats.rleague.com/afl/afl_index.html) http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/H/…
- [S336] The Argus, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1940 ''Maids In Pink Marquisette.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1956), 22 January, p. 8, viewed 2 September, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article11269816
- [S265] Victoria, Death Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1966 #26131 (index only).
- [S338] Ancestry.com.au Ancestry.com, (http://www.ancestry.com.au/) https://www.ancestry.com.au/family-tree/person/tree/…
- [S466] Find a Grave (http://www.findagrave.com) https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/153583528