#234, (4 August 1799-30 November 1860)
|Father||Kennedy Murray (24 Aug 1771-18 Jun 1853)|
|Mother||Anne White (c 1771-1853)|
|Charts||Barbara Nicholson - ancestors|
|Last Edited||6 Jan 2020|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Kennedy was born on Sunday, 4 August 1799 at Norfolk Island, Australia. He was the son of Kennedy Murray and Anne White.
Kennedy emigrated from Norfolk Island circa 1813 on the 'Lady Nelson' with his mother, step-father, younger sister and three younger step-siblings. this was part of the closure of the Norfolk Island settlement.1 Kennedy arrived at Tasmania circa 1813 with his mother, step-father, younger sister and three younger step-siblings.1
He married Sarah McQueen, daughter of Francis How and Catherine Jones, on Monday, 18 January 1819 at Port Dalymple, Tasmania. He was 19 and his wife Sarah was 13. Kennedy Murray was poundkeeper, responsible for rounding up stock.2 In his adulthood Kennedy made a living as as a farmer.
In 1835, Kennedy was appointed the inaugural chief constable of 1835.3
He married Hannah Goodall, daughter of Francis Goodall and Sarah Goodwin, in a Presbyterian ceremony on Wednesday, 1 May 1839 at the small Tasmanian town of Evandale. He was 39 and his wife Hannah was 24.4 Kennedy, aged 51 and Hannah Goodall, aged 35 became the parents of Jane Maria Murray on Friday, 6 September 1850 at Evandale.5
Kennedy died on 30 November 1860 at Evandale at age 61 after having a leg amputated. His body was interred at St. Andrews Anglican on 2 December 1860 at the small Tasmanian town of Evandale.
|Sarah McQueen (15 Jul 1805-b 1839)|
|Hannah Goodall (28 Feb 1815-27 Nov 1904)|
- [S447] Australian Royalty (https://australianroyalty.net.au/) http://www.easystreetretreat.com.au/australianroyalty/…
- [S1118] Special Broadcasting Service, Who Do You Think You Are? S10E08 Rodget Corser, Television production, [37:30].
- [S1122] Diana Kupke Writes (https://www.dianakupke.com.au/page6g.php) Kennedy Murray - Convict from Scotland to Norfolk Island - https://www.dianakupke.com.au/page6g.php
- [S811] The Launceston Advertiser, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia, 1839 'Family Notices.', Launceston Advertiser (Tas. : 1829 - 1846), 9 May, p. 2, viewed 10 October, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article84751465
- [S1121] National Portrait Gallery (https://portrait.gov.au/) https://portrait.gov.au/image/87335/87325/
- [S338] Ancestry.com.au Ancestry.com, (http://www.ancestry.com.au/) http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/20702711/person/…