#124, (19 November 1884-26 June 1961)
|Father||Walter Thomas Smith (16 May 1851-19 Mar 1930)|
|Mother||Lucy Deane (c 1859-May 1943)|
|Charts||Manthorpe Family - descendants|
Read family - descendants
Smith family - descendants
+ + + + + + + + + +
Edward was born on Wednesday, 19 November 1884 at the Adelaide suburb of Parkside.2 He was the son of Walter Thomas Smith and Lucy Deane. With the aid of his sons and a Mr. May, Walter Smith buried the bodies of two victims of the Loch Sloy.3 Jim and his brothers Edward and Arthur had their photos taken together c1905.
Edward Smith married Ivy Constance Uphill on Monday, 13 July 1914 at Mt. Gambier, South Australia. They were 29 and 20 respectively.4Mt. Gambier, South Australia.1
His father died 19 March 1930 at the age of 78. Edward was aged 45 when this happened.56
Edward died on 26 June 1961 at age 76.6
|Ivy Constance Uphill (15 Sep 1893-18 Jul 1976)|
- [S322] The Advertiser (Adelaide, South Australia), Obituary, 31 March 1930 p.9.
- [S5] South Australia, Birth Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages Vol 339 p.426 (District of Adelaide).
- [S244] The South Australian Register, 1899 'THE WRECK OF THE LOCH SLOY.', South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900), 2 June, p. 4, viewed 14 January, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article54379966.
- [S7] South Australia, Marriage Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages Vol.260 p.130.
- [S489] The Advertiser and Register (Adelaide, South Australia), 19 Mar 1931 p.8.
- [S975] E-mails from Alan Pycroft to Tim Hill, 2017- 'Re: Walter Thomas Smith' - 28 June 2017 at 20:50.