#123, (20 April 1894-after 19 March 1931)
|Father||Walter Thomas Smith (16 May 1851-19 Mar 1930)|
|Mother||Lucy Deane (c 1859-May 1943)|
|Charts||Manthorpe Family - descendants|
Read family - descendants
Smith family - descendants
+ + + + + + + + + +
Arthur was born on Friday, 20 April 1894 at Yorketown, South Australia.1,2 He was the son of Walter Thomas Smith and Lucy Deane. With the aid of his sons and a Mr. May, Walter Smith buried the bodies of two victims of the Loch Sloy.3 Jim and his brothers Edward and Arthur had their photos taken together c1905. Arthur lived in March 1930 at the Adelaide suburb of Mile End.4
His father died 19 March 1930 at the age of 78. Arthur was aged 35 when this happened.5
Arthur died after 19 March 1931.5
His mother died May 1943 at the approximate age of 84. Arthur was aged 49 when this happened.
- [S5] South Australia, Birth Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages Vol.540 p.483.
- [S1026] Manthorpe website (http://www.manthorpe.org.uk/modules/news/article.php).
- [S244] The South Australian Register, 1899 'THE WRECK OF THE LOCH SLOY.', South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900), 2 June, p. 4, viewed 14 January, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article54379966.
- [S322] The Advertiser (Adelaide, South Australia), Obituary, 31 March 1930 p.9.
- [S489] The Advertiser and Register (Adelaide, South Australia), 19 Mar 1931 p.8.