#12331, (circa 1770-before 18 November 1837)
|Charts||Wayte Family - descendants|
Mike Hill - ancestors
|Last Edited||23 Sep 2022|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Thomas Wayte was born circa 1770.1
Thomas Wayte married Mary (?) circa 1790.1
Thomas and Mary (?) became the parents of Mary Wayte circa 1794 at Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire.1,2,3,4
A Thomas Wayte of Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, was assessed with a tax bill of 2 shillings for the following year for his position on the East side of High Street.5 Thomas Wayte was perhaps a book binder/printer, as there were books published by a Thomas Wayte at this time in 1812 at Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire. In 1818 he printed a book written by Henry Parry on'The Art of Bookbinding.6'
In 1821 he published 'Address to the Public, Relative Some Supposed Failures of the Cow-pox, at Repton and Its Neighbourhood:
With Observations on the Efficacy and General Expediency of Vaccination, and on the Injurious Consequences of Inoculation for the Small-pox.7' Thomas lived in May 1823 at Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire.8 He was a printer in May 1823.8
He made a will on 20 May 1823. His daughter Susannah was named as the sole benficiary, but several lines of the will were redacted. His son Thomas Wayte was named as the sole executor. (an unknown value.)8
A Thomas Wayte was listed as a Bookseller and Stationer, also operating a circulating library in Market Street, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire.9 Thomas Wayte was a bookseller in April 1833.10 Thomas and Mary lived in April 1833 at Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire.10
Thomas likely died at Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire.11 His body was likely interred on 6 June 1837 at Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire.11
His will was probated on 18 November 1837 at London.8
|Mary (?) (c 1770-)|
- [S463] Family Search (A service provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) (https://familysearch.org) Burton-upon-Trent, Stafford Indexing project (batch) number: C16621-2, System origin: England-EASy, Source film number: 1278995.
- [S463] Family Search (A service provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) (https://familysearch.org) Burton-upon-Trent, Stafford Indexing project (batch) number: C3333-3, System origin: England-ODM, Source film number: 417178.
- [S510] FreeBMD (http://www.freebmd.org.uk/) Stockport Dec Qtr Vol 8a p.1.
- [S393] National Census for England, 1881 (online image) Registration district: Stockport, Sub-registration district: Marple, Piece: 3465, Folio: 134,
Page Number: 24 (http://search.ancestry.com.au/iexec).
- [S1101] UK, Land Tax Redemption Ancestry.com, 1798 Thomas Wayte Burton-upon-Trent page 41.
- [S1386] Henry Parry The Art of Bookbinding.
- [S1387] Benjamin Granger Address to the Public, Relative Some Supposed Failures of the Cow-pox, at Repton and Its Neighbourhood.
- [S781] England & Wales, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills Ancestry.com, Name: Thomas Wayte; Probate Date: 18 Nov 1837; Residence: Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire, England.
- [S778] Pigots Directory,Leicestershire, England (various dates), 1828 p.474.
- [S542] The Staffordshire Advertiser, Stafford, Staffordshire, England, Saturday 20 April 1833 p.3.
- [S1371] Staffordshire, England, Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1900 Tim Hill's collection, (Ancestry.com) Name: Thomas Wayte; Death Age: 66; Birth Date: 1771; Death Date: 1837; Burial Date: 6 Jun 1837; Burial Place: Burton upon Trent, St Modwen, Staffordshire, England; Religion: Anglican; Page number: 361.
- [S864] E-mails from Carole Knight Baker to Tim Hill, 2015- 'WAYTE families query' - 10 March 2015 at 01:05.