#12224, (circa 1849-circa 1890)
|Charts||Fairclough Family - descendants|
|Last Edited||26 Feb 2019|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Sarah Rowe was likely born circa 1849 at Canterbury, Kent.1,2 She was the daughter of Henry Rowe.1 Her common name was Nellie.3 Sarah and Frederick lived in September 1867 at 59 Warwick Street, in Greenheys, Liverpool.1
She married Frederick Horrocks Miller, son of Robert T. Miller and Mary Fairclough, at Manchester Cathedral on Saturday, 21 September 1867 at Manchester.1,4
Sarah Rowe was recorded as the spouse of Frederick Horrocks Miller in the 1880 census at 246 7th Street, Chester, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. She was recorded as being 39 years old. Also living with them was their 11 year old son.5 At least two photographs were taken of the Miller sisters, perhaps for Patty before she left for the colonies, never to return. Eliza gave an unknown person a leather-bound photograph album engraved with the date 3 November 1885 - the album still exists with many photographs from this period.
The Miller sisters (from left) - Lizzie Jamieson, Emma Breach, Patty Darby, Jennie Miller and (seated) sister-in-law Nellie(?) Miller, wife of Frederick. Probably taken as a final memento before the departure of Patty for South Australia in December 1885
(source: M. Willson)
(source: M. Willson)
Sarah died circa 1890.6
|Frederick Horrocks Miller (18 Jul 1846-Jul 1932)|
- [S758] Manchester, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1930 (Cathedral) Ancestry.com, (www.ancestry.com) Marriage Date: 21 Sep 1867; Parish: Manchester, St Mary, St Denys and St George; Father's Name: Robert Miller; Archive Roll: 735.
- [S538] The Preston Chronicle, Preston, Lancashire, England, Saturday 28 September 1867 p.5 (for Sarah's birthplace).
- [S534] Group Photo of Emma Breach, Patty Darby, Jennie Miller, Nellie Miller Lizzie Jameson.
- [S538] The Preston Chronicle, Preston, Lancashire, England, 28 Sep 1867 p.5.
- [S783] Federal Census for United States 1880 (online image) Census Place: Chester, Delaware, Pennsylvania; Roll: 1126; Family History Film: 1255126; Page: 442D; Enumeration District: 023; Image: 0496.
- [S747] Federal Census for United States 1930 (online image) Census Place: Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana; Roll: 611; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 0112; Image: 862.0; FHL microfilm: 2340346.