#55, (16 November 1916-August 2008)
|Father||Charles Leigh Clare Nicholson (May 1872-1930)|
|Mother||Louise Augusta Fooks (9 Apr 1880-1959)|
+ + + + + + + + + +
(For a brief history and context on the Nicholson family see this page)
Bon was born on Thursday, 16 November 1916 at the Melbourne suburb of St. Kilda.1,2 He was the son of Charles Leigh Clare Nicholson and Louise Augusta Fooks. Brandon Murray Scott Nicholson was also known as Bon or Nick.3
His father died 1930. The following story relates to how Hubert 'Boy' Nicholson and Mavis 'Micky' Oaten met: Mavis and Hubert's sister Jeanne both worked at the Coles Department Store in Glenferrie Road. Jean invited Mavis home to their house in Coppin Grove, and it started there. Hubert's teenage brother Bon was also attracted to Mavis, but naturally it was the older Hubert who won out.4
He was living with his brother and mother at at 2 Coppin Grove in the Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn in 1942. They stayed there until they went overseas; on their return at the end of the decade they went back to Coppin Grove.5 He was a salesman in 1942.5
He married Caroline Jean Moore, daughter of Robert Tennant Moore and Ethel Jane Victoria Bell, on Saturday, 3 January 1942. Brandon Murray Scott Nicholson was an Australian Army officer in 1949.6 Brandon and Caroline lived in 1949 at at 6 Kerferd Street in the Melbourne suburb of Malvern South.6 Caroline and Bon travelled to in 1950. He served as an officer in the military circa 1951 at Korea.
His mother died 1959. Bon travelled to in 1968. Bon and Caroline lived in 1991 at Chatswood Island, New South Wales.
Bon died in August 2008 at Southport, Queensland, at age 91.7
Family of Brandon Murray Scott Nicholson and Caroline Jean Moore
|Last Edited||1 Mar 2014|
|Charts||Nicholson Family 2 - descendants|
Descendents of Donald Nicholson
- [S493] Carolyn Nicholson, recollection, unknown date FaceBook message 12 Jan 2012.
- [S728] GEDCOM file created by Donald L. Reid, 17 Feb 2014 (companion to 'Descendents of James MCKENZIE.rtf' p.30).
- [S336] The Argus, 1945 'Family Notices.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 30 April, p. 2, viewed 8 May, 2013, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article1097395
- [S602] Barbara Nicholson,.
- [S483] Australia - Electoral Rolls 1900-1980, Electorate of Yarra, Subdivision of Hawthorn 1942 p.167-168 (http://search.ancestry.com.au/iexec).
- [S483] Australia - Electoral Rolls 1900-1980, Electorate of Henty, Subdivision of Malvern South 1949 p.39 (http://search.ancestry.com.au/Browse/View.aspx).
- [S485] Tim Hill, personal knowledge, unknown date.