Catherine Mary Cattrall1
#14124, (circa 1823-circa December 1894)
|Last Edited||26 Feb 2019|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Catherine Mary Cattrall was born circa 1823 at Chorlton-on-Medlock, Manchester.2
She married Lawrence Brandreth, a chemist, at St. Mary, St. Denys and St. George on Wednesday, 29 August 1838 at Manchester. Catherine was a minor.1
Catherine Mary Cattrall was recorded as the spouse of Lawrence Brandreth in the 1851 census at 1 Park Road, Preston, Lancashire. She was recorded as being 28 years old. Also recorded living in the house were their six children and a servant.2
Catherine Mary Cattrall was recorded as the spouse of Lawrence Brandreth in the 1861 census at Preston, Lancashire.3
Her husband Lawrence died 9 December 1862 at the aproximate age of 46 years, leaving her a widow. She was aged approximately 40.4 She was listed as sole beneficiary in Lawrence Brandreth's will on 31 March 1863. The estate was valued at less than £450.4
She was recorded as head of household in the 1881 census at 152 Alexandria Terrace, Poulton-Le-Fylde, Lancashire.5
Catherine died circa December 1894 at Preston Registration District, Lancashire.6
|Lawrence Brandreth (c 1817-9 Dec 1862)|
- [S758] Manchester, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1930 (Cathedral) Ancestry.com, (www.ancestry.com) Name: Lawrence Brandreth; Marriage Date: 29 Aug 1838; Parish: Manchester, St Mary, St Denys and St George; Archive Roll: 703.
- [S392] National Census for England, 1851 (online image) Class: HO107; Piece: 2267; Folio: 642; Page: 10; GSU roll: 87292.
- [S398] National Census for England, 1861 (online image) Class: RG 9; Piece: 3138; Folio: 84; Page: 20; GSU roll: 543085.
- [S515] England & Wales, National Probate Calendar Ancestry.com, Name: Lawrence Brandreth; Probate Date: 31 Mar 1863; Death Date: 9 Dec 1862.
- [S393] National Census for England, 1881 (online image) Class: RG11; Piece: 4254; Folio: 43; Page: 21; GSU roll: 1342018.
- [S510] FreeBMD (http://www.freebmd.org.uk/).
- [S246] Preston Parish Registers for St. John, Register: Baptisms 1848 - 1850, Page 262, Entry 2090; Source: LDS Film 93988.