Charles Lewis Brandreth1
#1130, (circa December 1846-circa September 1884)
|Father||Lawrence Brandreth2 (c 1817-9 Dec 1862)|
|Mother||Catherine Mary Cattrall2 (c 1823-c Dec 1894)|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Charles was born circa December 1846 at Preston Registration District, Lancashire.3 He was the son of Lawrence Brandreth and Catherine Mary Cattrall.2 He was baptised at St. John on Friday, 29 January 1847 at Preston, Lancashire.4
He was recorded as living with his parents and family in the 1851 census at 1 Park Road, Preston, Lancashire.2
He was recorded as living with his parents and family in the 1861 census at Preston, Lancashire. He was recorded as being 14.5 Charles Lewis Brandreth was a scholar.5
His father died 9 December 1862 at the approximate age of 46 years.6 He was a witness at the wedding of Frederic Thomas Brandreth and Eliza Annie Fletcher at St. John on Wednesday, 20 January 1875 at Preston, Lancashire.7 Charles Lewis Brandreth was a witness at the wedding of George Leonard Darby and Patty Miller at the Independent Chapel on Thursday, 5 August 1875 at Ashton upon Mersey, Sale, Cheshire.8,9,10
He was recorded as living with his mother in the 1881 census at 152 Alexandria Terrace, Poulton-Le-Fylde, Lancashire. He was recorded as being 32. Also living in the house were two of his sisters, and a grandson.11 Charles Lewis Brandreth was a physician and surgeon in April 1881.3
Charles died circa September 1884 at Fylde Registration District, Lancashire, aged 37.12
|Last Edited||13 Jun 2014|
- [S507] Website FreeBMD (http://www.freebmd.org.uk/) Preston Registration District, 1847, Dec Qtr., Vol.21, p.675.
- [S392] National Census for England, 1851 (online image) Class: HO107; Piece: 2267; Folio: 642; Page: 10; GSU roll: 87292.
- [S393] National Census for England, 1881 (online image) Registration district: Fylde, Sub-registration district: Poulton le Fylde Piece: 4254, Folio: 43, Page Number: 21.
- [S730] Website England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975 (www.ancestry.com) Name: Charles Lewis Brandreth; Gender: Male; Baptism Date: 29 Jan 1847; Baptism Place: Saint John, Preston, Lancashire, England; FHL Film Number: 94009, 94010.
- [S398] National Census for England, 1861 (online image) Class: RG 9; Piece: 3138; Folio: 84; Page: 20; GSU roll: 543085.
- [S515] Website England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (unknown url) Name: Lawrence Brandreth; Probate Date: 31 Mar 1863; Death Date: 9 Dec 1862.
- [S246] Preston Parish Registers - St. John, Register: Marriages 1875 - 1876, Page 2, Entry 4; Source: LDS Film 94000.
- [S242] General Register Office, England - Marriage Certificates, Certified copy of an entry in a Register of Births 1875 Vol. 8a. Entry 314.
- [S527] The Manchester Times, 14 August 1875 (issue 917).
- [S538] The Preston Chronicle, Marriages 14 Aug 1875 p.5.
- [S393] National Census for England, 1881 (online image) Class: RG11; Piece: 4254; Folio: 43; Page: 21; GSU roll: 1342018.
- [S510] Website FreeBMD (http://www.freebmd.org.uk/) Fylde Registration District, Sep, 1884 Qtr., Vol.8e, p.459.