Olive Jessie Olliver1
#353, (7 December 1896-3 June 1982)
|Father||William Donald Olliver (3 Jul 1873-29 Jul 1937)|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Olive was born on Monday, 7 December 1896 at Cessnock, New South Wales.2 She was the daughter of William Donald Olliver and Elizabeth Moore. As of circa 1897, Olive Jessie Olliver was also known as Jessie.3 They moved circa 1902 to Murrin Murrin, Western Australia, The children travelled with their mother to join their father.4 A picture was taken circa 1904 of William and Elizabeth and their family in Coolgardie, Western Australia. The photo says on the obverse "... the houses were built of hessian and white washed inside. The children sometimes had a ride home on camels, owned by Afghans who used the camels to carry goods. Mr. Olliver was a skilled blacksmith and coach builder."3 They moved circa 1909 to Parkes, New South Wales.4 She presumably lived with her parents at 2194 Varden Street, in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, in 1910.5
She married Mathew Albert Cantrill, on Wednesday, 8 May 1918 at Cessnock, New South Wales. She was 21 and her husband Mathew was 21.6,7
A group photo was taken of some of the Olliver family an unknown date .8
Olive died on 3 June 1982 at Cessnock, New South Wales, at age 85.7
Family of Olive Jessie Olliver and Mathew Albert Cantrill
|Last Edited||8 Nov 2013|
|Charts||Brown family - descendants|
Miller Family (Scotland) - descendants
Nicholson Family 1 - descendants
- [S586] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, January 2013 p.45 (for middle name).
- [S1] NSW Birth Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1897 No.6003.
- [S649] E-mails from Mary Matensz to Tim Hill, 2013- 'photos' - 16 August 2013 20:02 (attachment).
- [S586] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, January 2013 p.44.
- [S483] Australia - Electoral Rolls 1900-1980, Electorate of Kalgoorlie, Subdivision of Hannan 19 p.59.
- [S3] NSW Marriage Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1918 No.4915.
- [S452] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, unknown date NIC001 p.32 --exact date and place.
- [S649] E-mails from Mary Matensz to Tim Hill, 2013- 'photos' - 16 August 2013 20:02.