#121, (27 April 1920-10 September 1942)
|Father||James Curry Beatty (7 Jul 1893-3 Jan 1955)|
|Mother||Susan Georgina Gormon Bourke (5 Jul 1881-7 Jun 1924)|
+ + + + + + + + + +
(For a brief history and context on the Bourke family see this page)
Argyle was born on Tuesday, 27 April 1920 at Sydney.1,2 He was the son of James Curry Beatty and Susan Georgina Gormon Bourke. He lived with his parents at at 'Rothsay' in the Sydney suburb of Manly circa March 1924.1
His mother died 7 June 1924 at the age of 42. Argyle was aged 4 when this happened.3
He left Sydney on 22 April 1941 and arrived in Canada on 14 May 1941.4
Argyle commenced training in Course 29 on 15 May 1941 to 8th August 1941.4 Argyle was a Flying Officer with the Royal Australian Air Force in the Second World War.5
Argyle died on 10 September 1942 at age 22. He was shot down over Germany. His name is listed on the Chatswood Honor Board.6 His body was interred at Sage War Cemetery at Oldenburg, Oldenburger Stadtkreis, Lower Saxony, Germany.5
|Last Edited||18 Oct 2014|
|Charts||Bourke family - descendants|
Brown family - descendants
Miller Family (Scotland) - descendants
Nicholson Family 1 - descendants
Descendents of Patrick Bourke
- [S2] NSW Death Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1924 no. 9423.
- [S338] Website Ancestry.com.au (http://www.ancestry.com.au/) http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/56848379/person/… (for exact date).
- [S2] NSW Death Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1929 No. 9423.
- [S663] Website No.7 Service Flying Training School Fort Macleod (http://rcaffortmacleod.blogspot.com.au/…).
- [S466] Website Find a Grave (http://www.findagrave.com) http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi
- [S452] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, unknown date NIC001 p.32 --exact date and place.