Edwin Oaten Chappell1
#4208, (2 June 1861-2 June 1920)
|Father||Edwin Chappell1 (14 Aug 1839-1913)|
|Mother||Harriet Oaten1 (3 Jan 1840-)|
|Charts||Oaten Family - descendants|
|Last Edited||8 Jun 2014|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Edwin Oaten Chappell was born on 2 June 1861 at Walcot, Bath.1 He was the son of Edwin Chappell and Harriet Oaten.1
He was recorded as living with his parents and siblings Harriet and William in the 1871 census at 2 Brook Place, Bath.2 Edwin Oaten Chappell was a french polisher in 1881 at Somerset.1,3
He was recorded as living with his parents and siblings William, Elizabeth, Albert and Arthur in the 1881 census at Bath.3 Edwin Oaten Chappell was a french polisher.3
Edwin Oaten Chappell married Susan Howard at Holy Trinity Church on Friday, 18 June 1886 at Bath.1
Edwin and his wife Susan emigrated with their two children from England in 1889.1 Edwin and his wife Susan arrived at Australia in 1889.1
Edwin and Susan lived on 28 April 1892 at corner of Fitzroy and Bolsover Streets, in Rockhampton, Queensland.4 Edwin and Susan lived circa 1898 at North Rockhampton, Queensland.5 Edwin Oaten Chappell was employed by Wakefield and Company in 1900 at Rockhampton, Queensland.6 He was a gold miner.1 He had golden colour hair, possibly bright blue eyes with a fair and freckled skin complexion.1 He was a piano tuner at Rockhampton, Queensland.7 Edwin and Susan lived in 1901 at Splitters Creek, in near Rockhampton, Queensland.1 Edwin and Susan lived at in the vicinity of Rockhampton, Queensland. After the death of their daughter Alice, Edwin then built another home for Susan to take her away from the creek site. A street in Rockhampton is known as Chappell Street and is somewhat near to where Edwin and Susan had their property.1 Edwin Oaten Chappell was ill with rheumatic fever.1
Edwin died on 2 June 1920 at Rockhampton, Queensland, at age 59.1 He was buried in 1920 at Rockhampton cemetery, in Rockhampton, Queensland.1
|Susan Howard (1864-30 Jun 1947)|
- [S372] GEDCOM file created by Arthur Russ, 21 April 2011.
- [S412] National Census for England, 1871 (online image).
- [S393] National Census for England, 1881 (online image).
- [S288] Queensland, Birth Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages 1892 (Henry Chappell).
- [S354] Queensland Post Office Directory,Queensland, Australia (various dates), 1897-1899.
- [S354] Queensland Post Office Directory,Queensland, Australia (various dates), 1900.
- [S354] Queensland Post Office Directory,Queensland, Australia (various dates), 1901.