#15061, (circa 1800-30 January 1866)
|Father||Alexander Gibb1 (c 1765-b Feb 1860)|
|Mother||Isabel Sim1 (-b Feb 1860)|
|Last Edited||28 Aug 2022|
+ + + + + + + + + +
George Gibb was likely born in 1798.2 He was baptised on Thursday, 26 April 1798 at Old Machar, Aberdeen.2 He was the son of Alexander Gibb and Isabel Sim.1
He was recorded as head of household in the 1851 census at 11 Wales Street, Aberdeen. He apparently lived alone.3 His occupation was recorded as being a gardener in the census.3 His occupation was recorded as being a dock labourer in the census.4
George Gibb was listed as a lodget in the household of Isaac and Isabella Kidd in the 1861 census at 29 Wales Strett, St. Nicholas, Aberdeen.4 George provided information on the death of his brother James Gibb, on 20 July 1864, at Honey Cottage, Woodside, Aberdeen.1,5 George Gibb was a gardener (journeyman) in January 1866.6
George died on 30 January 1866 at Red Lion Court 77 Broad Street, Aberdeen, of sanguineous apoplexy. | he died in the house of widow Margaret Grant (or Durno).7 His body was interred at St. Clement's Churchyard on 1 February 1866 at Aberdeen.6 He was unmarried on 1 February 1866.7
- [S959] Scotland, Death Certificate, Statutory Registers 1864 GIBB, JAMES (Statutory registers Deaths 168/2 511).
- [S1010] Parish Registers for Old Machar, 1641-1854 168/B 50 16.
- [S960] Online transcription of the National Census for Scotland, 1851 (online image) ED: 1; Page: 54; Household schedule number: 263; LINE: 11; Roll: CSSCT1851_37.
- [S551] National Census for Scotland, 1861 (online image) Name: George Gibb; Occupation: Dack labourer; ED: 33; Household schedule number: 63; LINE: 5; Roll: CSSCT1861_24.
- [S1009] The Aberdeen People's Journal, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, Saturday 06 August 1864 p.3.
- [S466] Find a Grave (http://www.findagrave.com) https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/147420242/george-gibb
- [S959] Scotland, Death Certificate, Statutory Registers 1866 GIBB, GEORGE (Statutory registers Deaths 168/1 161).