|Father||Thomas MacKenzie1 (Sep 1806-1849)|
|Mother||Fanny Nicholson1 (1805-1898)|
|Charts||Nicholson Family 1 - descendants|
|Last Edited||25 Sep 2022|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Frances MacKenzie was born in 1846 at Parramatta, New South Wales.1 She was the daughter of Thomas MacKenzie and Fanny Nicholson.1
On 4 July 1860 Margaret's mother wrote a letter home to Scotland to her sister Anne giving news of the family, stating "I was left with eight children to provide for, but thank God, they are nearly all able to take care of themselves ... my two youngest, Fanny and Grace, are still at home."2
Frances MacKenzie married James Cardno Weir, son of George Weir, in 1867 at the Sydney suburb of Balmain.1
After the death of mother giving birth to her, Grace was brought up by her aunt, Granny Weir.3
Her mother died 1898 at the approximate age of 93. Her common name was Granny Weir.3
Frances died in 1939 at the Sydney suburb of Drummoyne.1
|James Cardno Weir (1846-1911)|
- [S586] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, January 2013 p.5.
- [S790] Campbell Munro Ross Mackenzie The Chronicles of the Ardchronie Children p.37.
- [S1242] E-mails from Merilyn Talintyre to Tim Hill, 2021- 'Re: ThoseBefore.com - Grace MacKenzie' - 1 May 2021, 12:43.
- [S586] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, January 2013 p.16.
- [S586] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, January 2013 p.17.