#12672, (circa 1752-)
|Father||Richard Darby2 (c 1731-7 Feb 1821)|
|Mother||Sarah Peachy2 (c 1730-1 Oct 1779)|
|Charts||Brett Family - descendants|
Darby Family - descendants
Mike Hill - ancestors
Descendents of Richard Darby
|Last Edited||29 Dec 2021|
+ + + + + + + + + +
(For a brief history and context on the Darby family see this page)
Richard was born circa 1752.1 He was the son of Richard Darby and Sarah Peachy.2 Richard Darby was baptised at St. Peter's on Sunday, 4 February 1753 at Roydon, Essex.2 The church has walls of flint and rubble, and probably dates back to at least 1260. Historically, Roydon was a parish of scattered farms and cottages, with open fields and common meadows. There were 105 ratepayers named in 1734, and the population was 667 in 1801. On the north and west, rivers form the parish and county boundaries.3
Richard lived in June 1775 at Roydon, Essex.4
He married Anne Brett, daughter of William Brett and (?) (?), in a Church of England ceremony at St. Peter's on Thursday, 8 June 1775 at Roydon, Essex. Both Richard and Anne signed the wedding certificate. And Elizabeth Brett. Others who may have attended the wedding include Richard Darby as father of the groom. Brothers and sisters who may have attended include Sarah Darby, Thomas Darby, Martha Darby, Benjamin Darby, Jane Darby and Susannah Darby. They went on to have four children together.4,1
He may have attended the wedding of his brother in the marriage of Thomas Darby and Elizabeth Perry in a Church of England ceremony at St. Peter's on Monday, 14 September 1778 at Roydon, Essex. Elizabeth and Thomas went on to have 11 children together over 17 years.5,1
Richard and Anne Brett became the parents of George Darby circa 1779.
|Anne Brett (c 1750-)|
- [S549] E-mails from Eve Mintern to Tim Hill, 2012- 15th Oct 2012.
- [S549] E-mails from Eve Mintern to Tim Hill, 2012- 03:24 19th Oct 2012 "Children of Richard Darby and Sarah Peachey."
- [S582] W. R.(editor) Powell A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4 http://www.british-history.ac.uk/source.aspx?pubid=534
- [S1163] Roydon, Essex Parish Registers for St. Peter's, 1774-1812 Name: Richard Darby; Gender: Male; Marriage Place: Roydon, St Peter, Essex, England; Marriage Date: 8 Jun 1775; Spouse: Ann Brett; Search Photos: Search for 'Roydon, St Peter' in the UK City, Town and Village Photos collection; Phillimore Ecclesiastical Parish Map: ; View this parish; Source Description: Marriage Register; Service of Church: Registers of Baptisms, Marriages and Burials; Incumbent; Roydon, St Peter; Parish Records;1774-1812.
- [S468] The National Archives, England (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk) Probate 11/1820 Will of Thomas Darby, Farmer of Hunsdon Lodge , Hertfordshire.