James Norman LeClerc Nicholson1
#11687, (21 May 1902-21 December 1942)
|Father||Daniel Malcolm McBean Nicholson1 (6 Jan 1859-6 Nov 1921)|
|Mother||Catherine Ann O'Reilly1 (18 Feb 1863-7 Jun 1902)|
|Charts||Brown family - descendants|
Miller Family (Scotland) - descendants
Nicholson Family 1 - descendants
|Last Edited||12 Apr 2022|
+ + + + + + + + + +
James Norman LeClerc Nicholson was born on 21 May 1902 at Kyuna, Queensland.1 He was the son of Daniel Malcolm McBean Nicholson and Catherine Ann O'Reilly.1
His mother died June 1902 at the age of 39. After their mother died, their father apparently didn't help raise the children; they were fostered or looked after by family and friends in the Winton and Kyuna district. There is some suggestion that their grandmother never acknowledged her grandchildren, yet according to the birth certificates she assisted with at least some of the births..2 Norman was reared by John and Agnes Swan, John being a blacksmith at Kyuna, but later moved to Halifax.3 James Norman LeClerc Nicholson was also known as Norman.4
James Norman LeClerc Nicholson married Catherine Ivy Isabelle Squires at Roman Catholic Church on Thursday, 9 January 1930 at Ingham, Queensland. They were 27 and 28 respectively.1 James Norman LeClerc Nicholson was a labourer in 1934.3 James and Catherine lived in 1934 at Upperstone, in Ingham, Queensland.3
James Norman LeClerc Nicholson began military service on Thursday, 22 May 1941 with the 2/9th battalion AIF (QX11838) at age 39.5
James died on 21 December 1942 at Buna, New Guinea, at age 40.1 He was buried at Port Moresby (Bomana) War Cemetery, Port Moresby, New Guinea.5
|Catherine Ivy Isabelle Squires (23 Sep 1901-27 Dec 1977)|
- [S452] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, unknown date p.21.
- [S452] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, unknown date p.20.
- [S586] Private Nicholson Source, Genealogical Notes, January 2013 p.58.
- [S290] Queensland, Death Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages 1921 No.4069 or 11163.
- [S601] Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org/) http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2166053/…,%20JAMES%20NORMAN%20LECLERC.
- [S460] Mundia Ancestry.com, (http://www.ancestry.com) http://www.mundia.com/au/Tree/Family/22502440/1503620713#.