#11399, (circa 1819-15 September 1878)
|Father||Kennedy Murray1 (24 Aug 1771-18 Jun 1853)|
|Mother||Ann Parker1 (Jul 1785-4 Nov 1862)|
|Last Edited||9 May 2020|
+ + + + + + + + + +
James Murray was born circa 1819 at Hawkesbury, New South Wales.2 He was the son of Kennedy Murray and Ann Parker.1
Kennedy Four children of Kennedy and Ann were admitted to an Male Orphan School at Cabramatta on 22 October 1823:
Resolved that the four children of Murray aged from 3 to 10 years whose mother died insane at Castle Hill, and whose father is stated to be now insane be admitted into the school
However, it is almost certain that Ann wasn't dead and that there is no record that Kennedy was ever admitted to the asylum. The oldest son John probably remained with his father.3,4
On 13 February 1832, at about the age of 13, James was released to work for Henry Books.5 James Murray was an epileptic.6 He was a bullock team driver.5
In 1864 he suffered a fall from his wagon and developed epileptic fits; he was committed to at Gladesville Hospital for the Insane in the Sydney suburb of Lilyfield.5,6
James died on 15 September 1878 at Parramatta, New South Wales.1
- [S447] Australian Royalty (https://australianroyalty.net.au/) http://www.easystreetretreat.com.au/australianroyalty/…
- [S447] Australian Royalty (https://australianroyalty.net.au/) http://australianroyalty.net.au/individual.php?pid=I68626
- [S1118] Special Broadcasting Service, Who Do You Think You Are? S10E08 Rodget Corser, Television production, [39:50].
- [S1122] Diana Kupke Writes (https://www.dianakupke.com.au/page6g.php) Kennedy Murray - Convict from Scotland to Norfolk Island - https://www.dianakupke.com.au/page6g.php (for which orphanage).
- [S1151] Convict Records (https://convictrecords.com.au/) https://convictrecords.com.au/convicts/parker/ann/105267 (based on research done Robin Sharkey).
- [S1123] People Australia (http://peopleaustralia.anu.edu.au/) http://peopleaustralia.anu.edu.au/biography/…