#1074, (2 April 1844-1927)
|Father||Kennedy Murray (4 Aug 1799-30 Nov 1860)|
|Mother||Hannah Goodall (28 Feb 1815-27 Nov 1904)|
|Last Edited||6 Dec 2020|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Henry was born on Tuesday, 2 April 1844 at the small Tasmanian town of Evandale.1 He was the son of Kennedy Murray and Hannah Goodall.
Henry Murray married Elizabeth Marianna Wilson on Thursday, 27 October 1870 at Launceston, Tasmania.1
He may have attended the wedding of his sister in the marriage of Arthur Alfred Littler and Marianne Goodall Murray in a Presbyterian ceremony conducted by Rev R. S. Duff at Trafalger on Monday, 5 November 1877 at the small Tasmanian town of Evandale. Arthur and Marianne went on to have six known children together.2,3,4,5 Henry Murray was a grain and produce merchant for Murray and Co. circa 1880.1 He was a state parliamentarian in February 1891 at East Devon, Tasmania; his time in pariament extended for 22 years.1 He spent 10 years from April 1909 attempting to rejoin pariament, contesting a number of elections primarily as an independent.1
He was a member of the Latrobe Chamber Commerce, the Latrobe Licensing Bench, the Devon Hospital Borad for 34 years, and the chair of the Latrobe Board of Health. He also gave service to the Latrobe Water Trust, the Latrobe Fire Brigade Board, a member of the Fisheries Commission for 19 years, a Justice of the Peace, Secretary of North west Agricultural Society, a member of the Latrobe Racing Club, and treasurer of the Latrobe Regatta committee.1
Henry died in 1927 at Latrobe, Tasmania.1
|Elizabeth Marianna Wilson (c 1845-)|
- [S1229] Biographical Register of the Tasmanian Parliament 1825-1980 (https://www.parliament.tas.gov.au/ha/bb/…) p.167-168.
- [S809] Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950, Births, Deaths & Marriages Registration Place: Morven, Tasmania; Registration Year: 1877; Registration Number: 656.
- [S810] The Cornwall Chronicle, Launceston, Tasmania, 26 Nov 1877 p.2.
- [S914] E-mails from Julie Weizenegger to Tim Hill, 2016- 'Charles Littler Ann Summers' - 12 August 2016 at 10:29.
- [S810] The Cornwall Chronicle, Launceston, Tasmania, 1877 'Family Notices', The Cornwall Chronicle (Launceston, Tas. : 1835 - 1880), 12 November, p. 2. , viewed 07 Jan 2020, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66068323