#689, (circa March 1694-20 January 1743)
|Father||Samuel Berjew (c Mar 1656-1713)|
|Mother||Jane (?) (c 1656-)|
|Charts||Barbara Nicholson - ancestors|
|Last Edited||18 Mar 2022|
+ + + + + + + + + +
John was born circa March 1694 at Pentridge, Dorset.1 He was the son of Samuel Berjew and Jane (?) John received a degree at Hart Hall, Oxford, on 28 February 1710/11.2
His father died 1713 at the approximate age of 57. John received a degree as a Batchelor of Arts on 25 February 1714/15.2 He was ordained on 16 June 1717 at St. James', Westminster, London, as a deacon by William Talbot, the Bishop of Salisbury.2 As of 20 September 1719, John Berjew was also known as Reverend. He was ordained on 20 September 1719 at Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, Wiltshire, as a priest by William Talbot.2 He was the curate on 21 September 1719 at Sherbourne, Dorset.2,3
He married Mary Allambridge, on Saturday, 10 July 1723 at Fordington, Dorset.. John was employed as rector at St. Michael's, Overcompton, Dorset, on 31 March 1726. He was to remain there until he died, about 18 years later.4,5,2,3
John and Mary Allambridge became the parents of Samuel Berjew circa 1727.
John may have died on 20 January 1743 at Overcompton, Dorset.4
John likely died on 26 June 1744 at Overcompton, Dorset, of natural causes.2 He was buried at Overcompton, Dorset.4
- [S356] GEDCOM file created by Lynda Creely, 21 March 2011.
- [S662] Clergy of the Church of England database (http://www.theclergydatabase.org.uk/) http://www.theclergydatabase.org.uk/jsp/persons/…
- [S255] The Berjew Family, Guide Notes to the Berjew Family tree.
- [S338] Ancestry.com.au Ancestry.com, (http://www.ancestry.com.au/) http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.fooks/31.34/mb.ashx
- [S646] A photograph by photograph in the entryway for Overcompton church listing the Rectors from 1302 (Tim Hill collection).