Alice May Fookes1
#37, (24 September 1878-1 June 1962)
|Father||Rev. Henry Samuel Cox Fookes (11 Jan 1848-9 Feb 1924)|
|Mother||Jane Maria Murray (6 Sep 1850-22 Aug 1903)|
|Last Edited||1 Sep 2022|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Alice was born on Tuesday, 24 September 1878 at the small Tasmanian town of Evandale.2 She was the daughter of Rev. Henry Samuel Cox Fookes and Jane Maria Murray. Alice May Fookes was baptised on Wednesday, 6 November 1878 at Evandale.3 She presumably lived with her parents at Waratah, Tasmania, in 1890.4
Her mother died 22 August 1903 at the age of 52. Alice was aged 24 when this happened.5
She may have attended the wedding of her sister in the marriage of Charles Leigh Clare Nicholson and Louise Augusta Fookes in a Church of England ceremony at St. Martin's Church on Sunday, 8 December 1907 at Queenstown, Tasmania. Louise and Charles went on to have three children together.6
She married Alfred Edward Littler, son of Augustus East Littler and Hannah Sarah Murray, on Tuesday, 13 May 1913 She was 34 and her husband Alfred was 41.. at 41 Mayne Street in the Launceston suburb of Invermay in November 1932.3
Alice died on 1 June 1962 at Launceston, Tasmania, at age 83.2,3 Her body was interred at Carr Villa Memorial Park on 5 June 1962 at Launceston, Tasmania.3
|Alfred Edward Littler (13 Nov 1871-3 Nov 1932)|
- [S1225] Chestnut Blue (http://www.chestnut-blue.com) http://www.chestnut-blue.com/Chestnut%20Blue-o/p897.htm
- [S338] Ancestry.com.au Ancestry.com, (http://www.ancestry.com.au/) http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/31514789/person/…
- [S728] GEDCOM file created by Donald L. Reid, 17 Feb 2014 (companion to 'Descendents of James MCKENZIE.rtf' p.29).
- [S1227] City Directories Australia,Australia (1845-1948), Tasmania PO Directory (Wise) 1890-1891 p.199.
- [S565] The Launceston Examiner, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia, 27 Aug 1903.
- [S261] Tasmania, Birth Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1910 No.1271.