Edward Kennedy Murray
#237, (21 May 1840-before September 1933)
|Father||Kennedy Murray (4 Aug 1799-30 Nov 1860)|
|Mother||Hannah Goodall (28 Feb 1815-27 Nov 1904)|
|Last Edited||29 Dec 2021|
+ + + + + + + + + +
Edward Kennedy Murray may have been born on 21 May 1840 at the small Tasmanian town of South Esk.1 He was the son of Kennedy Murray and Hannah Goodall.
He married Clarissa Littler, daughter of Charles Littler and Annie Summers, at her father's house in John Street on Thursday, 27 June 1867 at Launceston, Tasmania. He was 27 and his wife Clarissa was 26..
He may have attended the wedding of his sister in the marriage of Arthur Alfred Littler and Marianne Goodall Murray in a Presbyterian ceremony conducted by Rev R. S. Duff at Trafalger on Monday, 5 November 1877 at the small Tasmanian town of Evandale. Arthur and Marianne went on to have six known children together.2,3,4,5
Edward died on 14 January 1904 at Launceston, Tasmania, at age 63.1,6
|Clarissa Littler (9 Jun 1841-21 Sep 1933)|
- [S1048] E-mails from Ian McAnish to Tim Hill, 2018- 'Littler Descendants' - 16 Aug 2018, 22:02.
- [S809] Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950, Births, Deaths & Marriages Registration Place: Morven, Tasmania; Registration Year: 1877; Registration Number: 656.
- [S810] The Cornwall Chronicle, Launceston, Tasmania, 26 Nov 1877 p.2.
- [S914] E-mails from Julie Weizenegger to Tim Hill, 2016- 'Charles Littler Ann Summers' - 12 August 2016 at 10:29.
- [S810] The Cornwall Chronicle, Launceston, Tasmania, 1877 'Family Notices', The Cornwall Chronicle (Launceston, Tas. : 1835 - 1880), 12 November, p. 2. , viewed 07 Jan 2020, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66068323
- [S1122] Diana Kupke Writes (https://www.dianakupke.com.au/page6g.php) Kennedy Murray - Convict from Scotland to Norfolk Island - https://www.dianakupke.com.au/page6g.php