St. James', Stanstead Abbots, Hertfordshire

G

The main building material used is flint rubble with stone dressings. The nave probably dates from the 12th century, and the chancel from the following century. The tower and porch were built in the 15th century, and the northeast chapel was added in 1577. The listing description by English Heritage states it is "of outstanding interest as a medieval church with an unrestored 18th-century interior" (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_James%27_Church,_Stanstead_Abbotts)