#4207, (14 August 1839-1913)
NOTE: The information on this page is my research to date and is subject to change as I become better informed. I very much welcome any corrections or additional info you might have - my email address is at the bottom of this page - Tim Hill.
Minnie Chappell, Harriet Oaten, Ada's daughter Annie, Edwin and Ada Chappell, c.1910
+ + + + + + + + + +
Edwin Chappell was born on 14 August 1839.1 He was baptized at Lydcombe on Sunday, 22 September 1839 at Widcombe, Bath.1
Edwin Chappell married Harriet Oaten, daughter of William Oaten and Harriet Bolt, at Walcot Church on Sunday, 19 February 1860 at Walcot, Bath. They were 20 and 20 respectively.1,2
He was recorded as head of household in the 1871 census with Harriet Oaten as his spouse at 2 Brook Place, Bath. He was 31 years old.3 Edwin Chappell was a milkman.3
He was recorded as head of household in the 1881 census with Harriet Oaten as his spouse at Bath. He was 41 years old.4 Edwin Chappell was a 'wheel-chairman.4'
Edwin died in 1913.1,5
Children of Edwin Chappell and Harriet Oaten
|Last Edited||21 Jun 2014|
|Charts||Oaten Family - descendants|
- [S372] GEDCOM file created by Arthur Russ, 21 April 2011.
- [S502] Website FreeBMD (http://www.freebmd.org.uk/) Bath Registration District, 1860, Mar Qtr., Vol.5c, p.1068.
- [S412] National Census for England, 1871 (online image).
- [S393] National Census for England, 1881 (online image).
- [S400] General Register Office, England - Death Certificates, Certified copy of an entry in a Register of Deaths Vol. 5c p756 or 736.