#1142, (1768-4 May 1848)
|Charts||Oaten Family - descendants|
Barbara Nicholson - ancestors
+ + + + + + + + + +
Hannah Tamsey was born in 1768 at Somerset.1 She may have been born in 1770.2
She married John Oaten, son of John Oaten and Mary Ruckley, at St. Andrew and St. Mary on Monday, 20 April 1795 at Pitminster, Somerset. The were married by banns, which were read on the 5th, 12th and 19th of April 1795. A John Oaten was witness to the wedding, perhaps the bridegroom's father..3,4 Hannah and John Oaten became the parents of John Oaten circa 1802 at Taunton, Somerset.5,6,7 She presumably moved with her husband John to London circa 1811. It isn't clear what prompted the move.7 She presumably lived with her spouse John at 5 Queen Road, in Edgeware, London, in March 1837.7
In John Oaten's will on 21 March 1837 Hannah Tamsey, Mary Oaten, Anne Oaten, Harriet Oaten and Hannah Oaten, Elizabeth Oaten and Amelia Oaten, Harriet Finney, William Finney, Mary Barker, Harriet Oaten and Joseph Oaten were named as heirs. As his wife, she was left £500, the house and all furniture, a gold watch and £50 per annum..7
Her husband John died 20 November 1837 at the aproximate age of 67, leaving her a widow. Hannah lived in 1848 at Fulmer, Buckinghamshire.2
Hannah died on 4 May 1848 at Burnham, Buckinghamshire.2,8,1 Her body was interred at St. Mary on 12 May 1848 at Paddington, London.2
|John Oaten (1770-20 Nov 1837)|
- [S372] GEDCOM file created by Arthur Russ, 21 April 2011 (Tim Hill's collection, GEDCOMS received).
- [S938] St. Mary Paddington Green, Name: Hannah Oaten, Record Type: Burial, Age: 78, Estimated birth year: abt 1770, Death Date: abt 1848, Burial Date: 12 May 1848.
- [S937] Pitminster Parish Registers - St. Andrew & St. Mary, Name: Hannah Tamsey, Gender: Female, Marriage Date: 20 Apr 1795, Marriage Place: Pitminster, Somerset, England; Spouse: John Oaten, FHL Film Number: 1526710, Reference ID: Item 21 p 83.
- [S278] Gordon Oaten, Oaten Family Chart.
- [S265] Victoria, Death Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages, 1866 No.5597.
- [S392] National Census for England, 1851 (online image) Class: HO107; Piece: 1473; Folio: 249; Page: 10; GSU roll: 87796.
- [S939] Iolene McArthur,"Oaten: The New Zealand Branch," manuscript, Oaten family in New Zealand , March 1995. Currently held by Tim Hill's collection, e-mail address p.5.
- [S510] FreeBMD (http://www.freebmd.org.uk/) Eton Registration District, 1848, 2 Qtr., Vol.6, p.284.