John James Valentine Boyle1
#511, (14 February 1886-1957)
|Father||Jeremiah Michael Boyle2 (-2 Jul 1949)|
NOTE: The information on this page is my research to date and is subject to change as I become better informed. I very much welcome any corrections or additional info you might have - my email address is at the bottom of this page - Tim Hill.
Val Boyle c1918
+ + + + + + + + + +
John was born on Sunday, 14 February 1886 at New South Wales.2 He was the son of Jeremiah Michael Boyle and Ada McNamara.2,1 His common name was Val. John lived in 1909 at at 'Altiora', Darley Road in the Sydney suburb of Manly.3 He was a clerk in 1909.3 He became Geoffrey John Hill's godparent at his baptism circa 1910.4 John lived in May 1915 at at Public school, Sefton Park in the Sydney suburb of Lidcombe.2 He enlisted to the 12th Light Horse on 21 May 1915 at age 29.2 John was promoted to 2nd Lieutenant on 3 August 1918 . John returned to Australia on 17 July 1919 at age 33.5 John was was awarded an Order of the British Empire.6
Joseph and Mary hosted a joint birthday party for her brother Don and good friend Val Boyle at The Ambassadors, in Sydney on Thursday, 14 February 1924. Other attendees included Mary's brother Gyle and his wife, friends Carl and Ivy Nicholson, and their next-door neighbors the Gahans.7 John James Valentine Boyle was a clerk in charge of the records concerning general disease at the health department in 1926.6
Val attended a dinner dance organised by the School Clubs Ltd. the Wentworth Cafe, in Sydney on Wednesday, 4 May 1927. On the same table was Mary Hill, as well as her son Geoffrey and his date Margery Jean Smith.8
He married Elizabeth Kirwan, daughter of Henry William Kirwan, at St. Mary's Cathederal on Wednesday, 2 November 1932 at Sydney.6,9 John and Elizabeth lived on 15 March 1938 at at Lauderdale Avenue in the Sydney suburb of Manly.10 John (and presumably his spouse Elizabeth) lived in 1948 at 11 Brentwood Avenue, in Turramurra.11
John died in 1957 at the Sydney suburb of Manly.1 His body was interred at Frenchs Forest Cemetery on 8 July 1957 at the Sydney suburb of Frenchs Forest.6
Family of John James Valentine Boyle and Elizabeth Kirwan
|Last Edited||19 Apr 2015|
- [S2] NSW Death Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1957 No.19873.
- [S378] Website The AIF Project (http://www.aif.adfa.edu.au:8080/index.html) http://www.aif.adfa.edu.au:8080/showPerson?pid=29603
- [S380] Commonwealth of Australia - Electoral Rolls - North Sydney - Manly, Division of North Sydney, Electorate of Manly, 1909 p.3.
- [S314] Margery Hill.
- [S144] AIF Nominal Roll 1914-1918, AWM 133.
- [S873] E-mails from Judy Ruoso to Tim Hill, 2015- ' Re: ThoseBefore.com - John James Valentine Boyle' - 9 March 2015 at 09:58.
- [S641] The Evening News, 1924 'For Women—.', Evening News (Sydney, NSW : 1869 - 1931), 15 February, p. 13, viewed 18 September, 2013, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article119194972
- [S641] The Evening News, 1927 'For Women.', Evening News (Sydney, NSW : 1869 - 1931), 5 May, p. 18, viewed 2 October, 2013, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article129075159
- [S3] NSW Marriage Certificate, Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages 1932 No. 13043 (Index only).
- [S268] The Sydney Morning Herald, 15/03/1938 p.18s.
- [S759] Website New South Wales, Australia, Index to Deceased Estate Files, 1923-1958 () probate for Jeremiah Michael Boyle 1948.